Neon (Ne) is an inert monatomic gas with no color or odor. The fifth most common element in the universe.
DP "Ingaz" gets Neon brand 5.0,6.0 by low-temperature distillation.
• Liquid neon is used as a cooler in cryogenic plants.
• Used to provide an inert environment in the manufacture of semiconductors.
• Neon is filled with discharge lamps, signal lamps in electronic equipment, photo cells, rectifiers.
• A mixture of neon and helium is used as a working medium in gas lasers (helium-neon laser).
• Tubes filled with a mixture of neon and nitrogen, when an electric discharge is passed through them, give a red-orange glow, and therefore, they are widely used in advertising.
• In medicine, free radicals are frozen in the liquid substance of neon and animal tissue is preserved.
• Together with xenon used in electronics for the production of plasma panels.